How to get the most out of your wine tour.
What to wear
- The first rule is to dress casual and comfortable, the goal is to have fun.
- Avoid shoes or clothes that make it difficult to easily enter and exit a tour bus or walk about.
- Evenings can get cool in spring, fall, and winter, consider a light jacket as a backup.
- Avoid white or colors that will easily show wine spills and stains.
Tipping – Driver gratuity
- All tips are certainly appreciated. Industry standard for personal drivers is 20%.
- Great service maybe deserves more (consider, that your driver spent a day servicing and cleaning your tour bus, ensuring your travel safety, guiding you to the top wineries, pointing out the top wines, answering questions, and helping you with boxes and bags).
Best tour months? – (book early hint: 4-6 weeks is not too early)
- August is grape harvest time in Central Texas, busy.
- Spring flower blooming months are March, April, and May are busy.
- Spring Break weeks usually in March are busy.
- Fall festival months, October and November are busy.
- Less busy months: January, February, May, June, July, August, September, December.
Best tour days? (we offer wine tours seven days a week).
- Holiday weekends – book early!
- Saturday is the busiest tour day (consider Friday or Sunday).
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are least busiest.
Bring a camera – share the tour fun with friends and we will gladly help get you in the shot too.
- Let us help you stop standing in long tasting lines and enjoy more winery fun – Here’s how we do it : our close relationship with the wineries lets us pay your tasting fees by the group and expedite you through busy tasting lines.
- Join a Wine Club at one of the wineries (enjoy free & reduced fee tastings).
- Buy your wine by the case and split the cost with a friend.
- Make tour plans early to get best tour/lodging times and days.
Related wine events.
- April – Spring Food and Wine Fest in Fredericksburg
- August – Hill Country Grape Stomps./Harvest (various wineries)
- October – Fall Food and Wine Fest in Fredericksburg
- October – Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg